lunes, 11 de agosto de 2008

QUEST FOR THE MESSIAH -CHAPTER II




by Charles J. Voss
The terms "type" and "anti-type" are 'Christian' terms frequently used in prophecy to indicate a first and second occurrence of some incident. These terms are used to support a wide range of prophetic philosophy especially true concerning a rapture of some sort.

Depending upon the denomination, the doctrine will take on various forms. It will vary from a physical rapture called "The Place of Safety" to a spiritual rapture called "Heaven." "Types" and "anti-types" are used frequently in "Christian" prophetic theology. Using this method of "duality," some obscure event can be manipulated to support any other event that can be imagined.

Webster gives the meaning of the word "type" as: "to represent before-hand, to prefigure." Based on that meaning, the word "anti-type" would be the fulfillment of the type. Biblical commentaries usually say that the "type" is the physical first occurrence of an action and the "anti-type" is the second occurrence whether it is spiritual or physical.

"Allegory" verses "Reality"
Mr. Webster states that an allegory is something spoken of figuratively or a symbolic representation of what is to happen later. Based on the meaning of allegory, we will define "physical allegory" as a physical action that foretells or represents some "spiritual reality" that is yet to happen.
As humans, we live in a physical realm of three dimensions: length, width, and height. We relate to these three dimensions by our five senses of sight, hearing, smell, taste, and touch. We can hear the sounds an animal might make as it dies. We can see the dead body and feel its coldness. In a few days, we can smell an awful sense of putrefaction. It is visibly and painfully obvious that the physical is not eternal because IT WILL ROT AWAY. The total physical domain--as defined by the three dimensions of length, width, and height--is not eternal and will decompose. Since the physical will decompose, it is not eternal reality.

Deuteronomy 33:27 tells us our CREATOR is ETERNAL, which means He will never die. He inhabits eternity (Isaiah 57:15). He and the angels are invisible to our eyes unless we are made to see them. They function in a fourth dimension and are undetected by our five senses. They are in an everlasting dimension which will not rot away, thus, only the eternal dimension is true everlasting reality! The Physical Allegory is some action ETERNAL causes in the physical realm that foreshadows some Spiritual Reality He will do in the spiritual dimension that may affect the physical dimension.

Before returning to the narrative of the Messiah, notice three scriptural examples of physical allegory and spiritual reality. The scriptural use of physical allegories and spiritual realities is obvious in the contextual scriptural dialogue. It does not require complicated explanations, based on vague scriptures, as does "Type and Anti-type theology." An example is the weak case of the one seed philosophy of Galations 3:16 and Genesis 3:15, which, without explanation does not make much sense).


Prince and King of Tyre
The physical allegory of Ezekiel 28:1-10 is a scenario about the trading practices of the human prince of Tyre. The prince of Tyre is a physical man who uses the illegal trading practices developed by the spiritual king of Tyre (Satan). The physical allegorical scenario concludes with the destruction of the prince of Tyre in verse 10. The spiritual reality of Ezekiel 28:11-19 is a scenario about the trading practices of the spiritual king of Tyre (Satan). It is a spirit being (verse 13-14) who developed illegal, sinful trading or merchandising (verse 16). The scenario concludes with the spiritual reality of the destruction of the king of Tyre. 1
The practices that make trading or merchandising illegal or sinful are the uses of usury (interest) (Exodus 22:25; Leviticus 25:36). In addition, this is coupled with the exploitation of the poor, the fatherless, and the widow. The Western World has the exact same sinful system of interest and central banks as did ancient Babylon. In addition the religious system is the same as started by Nimrod in ancient Babylon and is known as the Babylonian Mysteries.

Fall of Babylon and The Day of ETERNAL
There are two physical allegories and spiritual realities woven into Isaiah chapters 13 and 14. The first set concerns the fall of Babylon and the second set deals with its punishment.
Isaiah 13:1-8 describes the tumult before the fall of ancient Babylon as a physical allegory of the Day of ETERNAL, when our CREATOR Himself takes His hand to punish humankind. The ones in verse three, who were sanctified and chosen to come from afar and overthrow Babylon, were Cyrus and the Medes.

The spiritual reality is described in Isaiah 13:9-16. These verses describe the destruction of modern-day Babylon as the day of ETERNAL falls in full-force upon the Western World, which is a carry-over from ancient Babylon.

The Punishments of Ancient and Modern Babylon
The physical allegory described in Isaiah 13:17-22 is the scenario of the destruction of ancient Babylon and its becoming a perpetual wasteland with no one living there.
Following the destruction of ancient Babylon, Israel was not brought back to their own land. However, chapter 14 opens (verse 1-3) with a promise that in the latter days Israel will be returned to her homeland.

The spiritual reality described in Isaiah 14:4-27 is the scenario of the destruction of modern Babylon and its sinful mysterious system of merchandising and religion. Before the fall of modern Babylon (beginning in verse 21), the king of Babylon is dealt with (4). He is named Lucifer (12), which means "Bright and Morning Star," 2 and is finally brought to justice. The scenario continues in verse 21 with the destruction of his children, the modern-day Babylonian system.

Stop and ask yourself, "What is wrong with the world we live in?" Is it not the greedy illegal, sinful merchandising (particularly the use of usury) and the religious system? When those evil systems and the father of them are brought to "the pit" and to justice, then there will be peace on ETERNAL's Righteous Mountain.

The Generational Descendants verse the Eternal Throne
Returning to the narrative of the Messiah and integrating the use of Physical Allegory and Spiritual Reality will give us a tool to understand some Scriptures that 'Christian' and Jewish theology muddles and confuses.
King David explained to Solomon that ETERNAL had said that He would never let the Throne lack a descendant from Solomon. The promise of always having a descent on the throne was to Solomon and not to David:
a`1 I Chronicles 22:7-10 "And David said to Solomon, My son, as for me, it was in my mind to build an house unto the name of ETERNAL my CREATOR: but the word of ETERNAL came to me, saying, 'Thou hast shed blood abundantly, and hast made great wars; thou shalt not build an house unto My name, because thou has shed much blood upon the earth in my sight. Behold, a son shall be born to you, who shall be a man of rest; and I will give him rest from all his enemies round about: for his name shall be Solomon, and I will give peace and quietness unto Israel in his days. He shall build an house for my name; and he shall be my son, and I will be his father; and I WILL ESTABLISH THE THRONE OF HIS [Solomon's] KINGDOM OVER ISRAEL FOREVER."

I Chronicles 28:6-7 "And He [ETERNAL] said unto me [David], Solomon thy son, he shall build my house and my courts: for I have chosen him to be my son, and I will be his father. Moreover I WILL ESTABLISH HIS [Solomon's] KINGDOM FOREVER, if he be constant to do My Commandments and My judgments, as at this day."

In the next scripture, again notice that King David, through Solomon, 3 would always have a descendant on the Throne of the kingdom, yet the Throne itself would always belong to King David:
2 Samuel 7:12-13,16 "And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build a house for my name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. ... and thine house and thy kingdom shall be established forever before thee: THY THRONE SHALL BE ESTABLISHED FOREVER."

The physical allegory is that a physical descendant of David, through Solomon, would always sit on the physical throne and rule in Israel. This will be a fulfillment of a prophecy Jacob gave to Judah, before Jacob died in Egypt:
Genesis 49:8-10 "Judah, thou art he whom thy brethren shall praise: thy hand shall be in the neck of thine enemies; thy father's children shall bow down before thee. Judah is a lion's whelp: from the prey, my son, thou art gone up: he stooped down, he couched as a lion, and as an old lion; who shall rouse him up? The scepter shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh comes; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be."

Did you catch that? The physical lineage, through Solomon, would rule until Shiloh comes. Since King David will be resurrected the Mashiach, he is Shiloh. He will take over the physical rule as a Spirit Being. Now, notice the last half of 2 Samuel 7:16: "...your throne shall be established FOREVER." [Editors Note: This states that Judah (Jews) will still be on the scene when the Messiah appears. Therefore, true Jews, descendants of Judah, are still with us to this day.]

The physical allegory of a physical descendant ruling the kingdom would last until Shiloh (King David) would reclaim the Throne. The spiritual reality is that when Shiloh is resurrected, the throne will then be his forever. 4

In Psalms 89, this same Allegory verse Reality is repeated. First, the Physical Allegory of descendants of David through Solomon in all generations:
Psalm 89:3-4 "I have made a covenant with My chosen, I have sworn unto David My servant, thy seed will I establish forever, and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah."

Before the Spiritual Reality, verses 5-18 are praises to our CREATOR. Skipping them we see King David is to be 1st-born and over all kings on the earth forever.
Psalms 89:19-28 "Then You spoke in a vision to Your holy one, and said: "I have given help to one who is mighty; I have exalted one chosen from the people. I HAVE FOUND MY SERVANT DAVID; With My holy oil I HAVE ANOINTED HIM, with whom My hand shall be established; also My arm shall strengthen him. The enemy shall not outwit him, nor the son of wickedness afflict him. I will beat down his foes before his face, and plague those who hate him. But My faithfulness and My mercy shall be with him, and in My name, his horn* shall be exalted. Also I will set his hand over the sea, and his right hand over the rivers. He shall cry to Me, 'You are my Father, My CREATOR and the Rock of my salvation. ALSO I WILL MAKE HIM MY FIRSTBORN, THE HIGHEST OF THE KINGS OF THE EARTH. MY MERCY I WILL KEEP FOR HIM FOREVER, And My covenant shall stand firm with him."

* When his horn is exalted, King David will be raised from the grave, to rule on his Throne forever. These verses are prophetic since King David did not fulfill them during his lifetime. The scenario is of a glorious future kingdom to be set up when King David returns in glory; yet this fact has been buried in total mistranslations and misrepresentations.

Glorious Davidic Kingdom
The Kingdom of ETERNAL will be set up in the Wonderful World of Tomorrow and will be truly breathtaking. King David shall be its king:
Isaiah 11:1 "And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:."
An analysis of the Hebrew meaning adds to the understanding of this verse. The chart shows the meanings from Strong's:


English
Word Hebrew
Word Hebrew
Number
English Meaning
come forth Yatsa' H331 to go out, to go forth, to germinate
rod choter H2415 a branch, a sucker
stem geya' H1503 the first roots or slender stem from trunk of a felled tree
branch netser H5342 a sprout or shoot, being verdant
grow parah H6509 to bear fruit, something that comes forth from within
roots sheresh H8328 root (by a metaphor taken from plants and applied to people)
To rewrite the verse with its true meaning:
Isaiah 11:1 (rewritten) "There shall grow a branch from the stump of Jesse, and a sprout shall come from its roots:"

To quote these verses from the Tanakh:
Isaiah 11:2-6,9 (Tanakh) "But a shoot [David] shall grow out of the stump of Jesse, a twig shall sprout from his stock. The spirit of ETERNAL shall alight upon him: A spirit of wisdom and insight, a spirit of counsel and valor, a spirit of devotion and reverence for ETERNAL. He shall sense the truth by his reverence for ETERNAL: he shall not judge by what his eyes behold, nor decide by what his ears perceive. Thus he shall judge the poor with equity and decide with justice for the lowly of the land. He shall strike down a land with the rod of his mouth And slay the wicked with the breath of his lips. Justice shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his waist. The wolf shall dwell with the lamb, The leopard lie down with the kid; The calf, the beast of prey, and the fatling together, with a little boy to herd them. ... In all of My sacred mount nothing evil or vile shall be done; for the land shall be filled with devotion to ETERNAL as water covers the sea."

And that is a vivid description of the WONDERFUL WORLD OF TOMORROW.


More Physical Allegory verse Spiritual Reality
Physical Allegory - Solomon's descendants to sit on the physical throne:
2 Samuel 7:13 "He [Solomon] shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever."
Spiritual Reality - David to sit on the throne forever:
2 Samuel 7:16 "And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established forever before thee: thy [David] throne shall be established forever."


Physical Allegory - Solomon to build a house for ETERNAL:
1 Chronicles 17:11-12 "And it shall come to pass, when thy [David] days be expired that thou must go to be with thy fathers, that I will raise up thy seed after thee, which shall be of thy sons; and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build me a house, and I will establish his throne forever."
Spiritual Reality - Eternal to build David a house:
1 Chronicles 17:16 "...Furthermore I tell you that ETERNAL will build you a house."

Whenever ETERNAL builds something, it is FOREVER. Solomon's descendants would rule in the physical lineage, but King David will rule for all eternity.

How comforting it is to know what ETERNAL has promised; yet,this is 'good' news and 'bad' news. The 'good' news is: That King David will be awakened and stand and bring the Israelite captives out of the countries they were taken in the Day of Jacob's Trouble. The 'bad' news is: That Israel will be overthrown and go into captivity. The 'horrible' news is that many of our loved ones will die and suffer.

The question is: "What are YOU going to do about it?" Will you look into the WORDS of our CREATOR, The Righteous One of Israel, and prove this to yourself? Will you then join the fight to warn Israel to repent? Or will you scoff because it is not what you have always been told?

The choice is yours! You only have two choices:
1) To help save Israel and be a part of the solution.
2) You can scoff and be a part of the problem.



[Messiah Main Page]

[ Messiah - Chapter 3




Footnotes
1. See our article "Why Satan Not Win?"
2. See our article "Who am I?"

3. David's Line through Solomon Line to Continue To Hold Throne Forever In All Generations:
(2 Samuel 7:8,11-13, 16-17) "Now therefore so shalt thou say unto My servant David, Thus saith ETERNAL of hosts, I took thee from the sheepcote, from following the sheep, to be ruler over my people, over Israel: ... :11 and as since the time that I commanded judges to be over my people Israel, and have caused thee to rest from all thine enemies. Also ETERNAL telleth thee that he will make thee a house. And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee [David], which shall proceed out of thy bowel, and I will establish his [Solomon's] kingdom. He [Solomon's] shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his [Solomon's] kingdom for ever. (this is Physical Allegory) ... :16 And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever. (This is Spiritual Reality-physical lineage through Solomon and the eternal throne to King David) According to all these words, and according to all this vision, so did Nathan speak unto David."

4. (1 Kings 2:1-2,4) "Now the days of David drew nigh that he should die; and he charged Solomon his son, saying, I go the way of all the earth: be thou strong therefore, and show thyself a man: ... That ETERNAL may continue His word which He spoke concerning me, saying, If thy children take heed to their way, to walk before Me in truth with all their heart and with all their soul, there shall not fail thee (said He) a man on the throne of Israel."

(1 Kings 8:25) "Therefore now, ETERNAL CREATOR of Israel, keep with Thy servant David my [Solomon's] father that thou promised him, saying, 'There shall not fail thee a man in My sight to sit on the throne of Israel;' so that thy children take heed to their way, that they walk before Me as thou hast walked before Me."

(1 Kings 11:9,11-13) "And ETERNAL was angry with Solomon, because his heart was turned from ETERNAL CREATOR of Israel, which had appeared unto him twice, ...Wherefore ETERNAL said unto Solomon, Forasmuch as this is done of thee, and thou hast not kept My covenant and My statutes, which I have commanded thee, I will surely rend the kingdom from thee, and will give to thy servant. Notwithstanding in thy days I will not do it for David thy father's sake: but I will rend it out of the hand of thy son. Howbeit I will not rend away all the kingdom; but will give one tribe to thy son for David My servant's sake, and for Jerusalem's sake which I have chosen."

(1 Chronicles 17:11-14 The Living Bible) "When your time here on earth is over and you die, I will place one of your sons upon your throne; and I will make his kingdom strong. He is the one who shall build me a temple, and I will establish his royal line of descent forever. I will be his father, and he shall be my son; I will never remove my mercy and love from him as I did from Saul. I will place him over my people and over the kingdom of Israel forever-and his descendants will always be kings.

(1 Chronicles 22:7, 9-11) "And David said to Solomon, My son, as for me, it was in my mind to build a house unto the name of ETERNAL my CREATOR: ...Behold, a son shall be born to thee, who shall be a man of rest; and I will give him rest from all his enemies round about: for his name shall be SOLOMON, and I will give peace and quietness unto Israel in his days. He shall build a house for My Name; and he shall be My son, and I will be his Father; and I will establish the throne of HIS kingdom over Israel for ever. Now, My son, ETERNAL be with thee; and prosper thou, and build the house of ETERNAL thy CREATOR, as He hath said of thee."

No hay comentarios: